Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:51 PM   #1

Share |

removing Delta 1400 cartridge

Hey guys, I'm having an extremely difficult time removing the cartridge out of my Delta 1400 shower faucet. I removed the brass collar from the housing. I spoke with a plumber over the phone and he said that the cartridge should just pull out. I've also been all over the internet and they say the same thing, that the valve should just pull out. My valve will not pull out. I've been pulling and twisting for and hour and a half and it's still stuck in there. Could someone please give any advice, as I will be without water until I get this figured out. (a maybe on the brink of divorce when my wife gets home) thanks.
toe-fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
Home Remodeler

removing Delta 1400 cartridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe-fu View Post
Hey guys, I'm having an extremely difficult time removing the cartridge out of my Delta 1400 shower faucet. I removed the brass collar from the housing. I spoke with a plumber over the phone and he said that the cartridge should just pull out. I've also been all over the internet and they say the same thing, that the valve should just pull out. My valve will not pull out. I've been pulling and twisting for and hour and a half and it's still stuck in there. Could someone please give any advice, as I will be without water until I get this figured out. (a maybe on the brink of divorce when my wife gets home) thanks.
So are you saying the brass collar is the threaded nut?
mikey48 is online now   Reply With Quote