DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Reconnecting gas line- corrugated stainless steel (

handyman923 08-20-2009 09:34 AM

Reconnecting gas line- corrugated stainless steel
I am remodeling my kitchen and had a corrugated stainless steel gas line coming up through the floor into an island cabinet. In order to install the new island cabinet, I had to disconnect the shut-off valve on the end of the gas line to temporrarily push it thru the floor.

Now that I am ready to re-connect the gas line, can I use the same "compression ring" on the old corrugated stainless steel to make the connection? Or do I have to have a plumber make a new connection?


plumber Jim 08-20-2009 07:44 PM

If you are talking about CSST gas pipe then it should be done by a plumber who is certified in whatever brand you have.

Just Bill 08-21-2009 06:20 AM

What Jim said, most localities do not want homeowners working on gas lines

That said, I don't think flex gas lines are allowed to penetrate walls, and there are no gaskets, washers etc., in gas lines, they are flare couplings. DON'T resue old flex lines, or valves.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1