DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Recessed outlet box / faucet for ice maker (

Randall53 11-21-2009 07:53 PM

Recessed outlet box / faucet for ice maker
Has anyone ever seen a recessed water outlet box similar to a washing machine made for an ice maker?

I just bought a new fridge for my new house (fridge sits by the range and cannot use the sink supply since it's on the other side of the kitchen) and absolutely HATE the cheap-A**ed crap they sell to hookup an ice maker (Said junk of which was installed by previous owner of my house....of course)

The hookup that came with the fridge is of high quality....but the JUNK they sell to tap into a water line with should be outlawed IMO.....:furious:

Thank ahead of time for anyone with ideas.....

Plumber101 11-21-2009 08:11 PM

Home Depot has them.

SULTINI 11-23-2009 07:48 AM

After you buy the box setup buy a small roll of copper and individual parts to tie the ice maker in to the water line (if you can solder) cut the cold water line install tee and regular valve with reducing fittings to 1/4 " copper. Then you eliminate the cheap saddle valve and plastic tubing.
When you install the copper make sure you leave all the roll attached so when you pull the refrigerator out for cleaning the copper roll will open like a slinky and will push back together when you put the refrigerator back.:thumbsup:

PS: Don't forget to shut the water off first.:whistling2:

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.