DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Raising shower waste pipe

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Double A 
#1 ·
I am trying to install a fiberglass molded shower base by EL Mustee. The drain is molded into the piece, and there is a hole where the 2" drain pipe should come through. Then there is a gasket that fits tight around the pipe and shower base molded drain.

When I removed the old shower base, I had to raise the subfloor, so that now the 2" pipe sits about 3/4" in below the top of the subfloor. Is there an easy way to raise this pipe...or another type of shower seal that I can use to go down that far..? I spoke to somebody at home depot, who sold me a threaded drain seal...but it was too big for the Mustee drain opening.

Thanks!!

#8 ·
You can do it, yes you can!

Dial <insert your favorite plumber's phone number here> and set up a service call from a licensed, insured professional. Have them do the shower installation for you.

It might cost you a bit more, but hey, we have plumbers for the same reason we have dentists and surgeons. There are just some things in life best left to the professionals.

And plumbing a second floor shower, in this situation, is most likely one of them. :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.