Radiant Heat Questions - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

radiant heat questions

Hi all,

I am doing a little renovating in the house and meeting with a plumber to discuss my heating options in a few days - before I did so wanted to pick some brains on this site...

I have a hot water boiler and one of the zones is currently feeding the master bathroom and master bedroom. The master bedroom has baseboard heat and the master bath has toekick heaters (which I HATE!!). So when I re-do the bathroom I want to install hydronic radiant. Everything I know about radiant tells me I'm going to have to run a seperate zone to the bathroom - no big deal but we'll have to break a bunch of sheetrock and drill through a boatload of joists to do so. Is there anything out there that would allow me to use the exiting lines and run radiant in the bathroom and still keep the baseboards? I wouldn't be opposed to changing the baseboard heat in the master bedroom, is there anything that I can replace the baseboards with that would allow me to use the existing copper lines up to that side of the house??

thank you!

Advertisement

mazzonetv is offline   Reply With Quote