Quiet Toilet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Quiet Toilet

I recently stayed at a hotel that had a regular looking toilet but the flush was quick and very quiet.

I am planning my bathroom remodel and would like to find a unit like this, however i rarely see any reference to this in the specs.

Anyone know of a resource to find this out or have any specific recommendation? I don't want to pay too much...
D

Advertisement

dmanmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Quiet Toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanmtl View Post
I recently stayed at a hotel that had a regular looking toilet but the flush was quick and very quiet.

I am planning my bathroom remodel and would like to find a unit like this, however i rarely see any reference to this in the specs.

Anyone know of a resource to find this out or have any specific recommendation? I don't want to pay too much...
D
Your best bet is to call the hotel and ask them for the make and model of the toilet. I can think of lots of toilets that are quick, but not particularly quiet (like Toto); likewise, I can think of lots of toilets that are quiet but not "quick" (i.e. - a weak flush).

Advertisement

Ishmael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quiet Toilet

Most likelly that hotel has a very expensive flush valve system, but there is a better way to do accomplish a similar result.

Try The Toilet Zilencer. It is a very affordable retrofit valve that goes inside your existing flush valve, which allows you to control the water pressure and therefore the noise level during the flushing process.

It only goes for $10.00 (you can't beat that).
Isolantonio is offline   Reply With Quote