Question Regarding My Tub Installation - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-19-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Question regarding my tub Installation

HEllo

I recently replaced my tub in my master bathroom. The tub I used is a Sterling tub with side panels that went with the tub. The tub itself had what I can best describe as a pedestal or a plastic foot frame that went on under the tub. The customer service people from Sterling indicated that if I had a solid and even floor I would not need a bed of mortar for the tub. I installed the tub without the mortar because I had new decking under the tub and it was flat and even. However after installation the area from about 6-8 inches from the drain and back from the drain about 8 inches seems soft and springy. I was told I could shoot foam insulation under the tube to form a more solid surface. I was wondering if anyone else has an opinion?

Thanks

Cliff

Advertisement

noviceshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 552

Question regarding my tub Installation

i have seen this work to stiffen tubs before if it is in a spot that gets a lot of foot pressure, closed cell foam is best "2 part foam comes in two bottles that mix in tube as sprayed" but i have seen someone use the great stuff and said it had worked it was under tub for a year when i talked to them and was still fine

Advertisement

jaydevries is online now   Reply With Quote