DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Question (

KenPlumbsRight 04-18-2010 12:06 PM

When Hooking up commercial kitchen equipment should the regulators that are provided with the equipment be installed after the quick disconnect or before it.

oh'mike 04-18-2010 12:35 PM

If you are speaking of gas stoves and such--they are on the equipment--with the hose attached to it.

You must be able to move and plug in to any outlet without the possibility of using the wrong regulator.---Mike---

KenPlumbsRight 04-18-2010 12:46 PM

No, this is brand new commercial equipment the hoses are in the boxes and the regulators are furnished but not installed to the equipment. I know in the past it seems like the regulators were installed directly to the equipment and then the quick disconnect was then attached to the regulator and then to the nipple coming out of the valve. Its a three inch gas line with like 16 - 3/4 inch stub outs for several pieces of equipment. In other words it has a gas main on the cook line that is 3 inch with a weld-o-let and a nipple and a valve. So i am thinking that out of the valve will be the quick disconnect and then the regulator. I do not think its the valve then the regulator and then the disconnect but that is what I want to make sure of.

oh'mike 04-18-2010 12:57 PM

Ken --the regulator is usually attached to the equipment first--then the hose then the coupling.

The regulator must stay with the machine--Mike--

Edit: A shut off valve must be provided ---on the incoming gas pipe------ for each fixture--with the female quick connector attached to the shut off.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1