DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   PVC to Cast Iron (

oakj 02-04-2007 12:29 AM

PVC to Cast Iron
I'm going to vent a fixture. I'm using pvc pipe for the vent and need to connect it into a 2" cast iron hub.

What is the best way to do this? Rubber gasket or led? :(

jproffer 02-04-2007 01:48 AM

They make epoxy (of sorts) to put together PVC and cast. Ask at a plumbing supply house.

Ron The Plumber 02-04-2007 07:28 AM

If it's just a vent use a 3" x 2" fermco, the 3" side will fit tight over the hub of the cast pipe, you will need to force it on but it will go over the hub.

jproffer 02-04-2007 11:14 AM

:thumbsup: Didn't think of that.

Go with Ron's idea. Much easier to work with than that epoxy shi...uhh...stuff.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 AM.