Proper Size Sewage Pump - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

proper size sewage pump

Hi,
My sewage pump has finally stopped working entirely. It was a low-end builder model zoeller...plastic housing, the model number 211. It is a 4/10 hp.
http://www.zoellerpumps.com/ProductB...x?ProductID=80

This pump lasted 6 years pumping clear water to a 9ft head.

My future needs will be a bathroom with a shower, and maybe a wet bar....hopefully in three years the basement and bathroom will be finished.

I was looking at similar pumps and thought about the Zoeller M264 or the M267. The M264 is cast iron and 4/10 hp, and the M267 is 1/2 hp....$280 vs $350...a $70 difference.

Does hp have any indication how long the pump will last?
Will either of these pumps be stressed by one lightly used basement bathroom, floor drain and possible wet bar?

Thanks for the advice...unfortunately $$ is a factor, but so is the hassle of replacing a sewage pump ESPECIALLY once the bathroom is in and the pit IS full of sewage and not just ground water...lol

thanks!

Advertisement

bergerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,450

proper size sewage pump

Six years is not bad for a pump. I am surprised that it lasted that long. There is no such thing as "builder's grade". There is Cheap, which is usually what most can afford, and then there are really expensive. Both usually either do not last very long, or can last forever until something goes bad.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
bergerdude (09-27-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,614

proper size sewage pump

Study the performance curves listed at the website.
HP won't matter in your case
Old 08-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 512

proper size sewage pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post
Six years is not bad for a pump. I am surprised that it lasted that long. There is no such thing as "builder's grade". There is Cheap, which is usually what most can afford, and then there are really expensive. Both usually either do not last very long, or can last forever until something goes bad.
I just put in a Gould, and it was expensive. I kinda expect it to last more than the three years the cheap piece of junk it replaced did.
operagost is offline   Reply With Quote