I just bought an apartment. The home inspector said that there is visible water damage on my kitchen cabinets and wood floor. He said the water came from the apt above. I spoke to the HOA and they verified that the apt directly above mine had flooded substantially, the flood caused by an over flowing toilet. The flood happened perhaps some 6 months ago. The home inspector determined that the plumbing problem was fixed, the visible mold on my kitchen walls was dead and all the moisture is gone.
Before I move in, I’d like to know how I should disinfect my kitchen after it flooded with toilet water. I was just going to buy a strong disinfectant and scrub thoroughly, is that enough?? Should I be concerned with possible bacteria in my kitchen cabinets and tile grout???