pressure switch on pump
I have a submercible pump with the tank and pressure sw. in the basement it seems that the connections on the switch are always engaged withe the pressure of the tank at 35 should not be callinffg for water. is the switch bad
Is the pump running all the time?
It may or may not be a leak. If the contacts in the switch are touching all the time it COULD be a leak and not letting the switch build up pressure. BUT it could also be the feed tube leading from the line to the bottom of the switch. If it gets cloged up then no pressure will get through to cut the switch off. I have seen the impellers in the pump wear out and it can not pump enough pressure to cut the switch off.
1) Check to see if there are any leaks
2) If no leaks are found in above ground pipes, then look under ground, ie wet spots on the ground leading to the well, grass that appears to be greener than the surrounding areas leading to the well.
3) Ckeck for leaks at or around any yard hydrants.
4) Check pipes leading to the pump by leaving the pump run and slowly raise the pipe out the well and see if you can hear water splashing. If so it could be a hole in the pipe
5) Check the foot valve at the pump. If this goes bad it will do the same thing.
Try these, if it dont work, let us know and we will see what we can do for you next
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.|
Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved