||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|04-11-2011, 11:34 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Pressure Change on Outdoor Faucet
I'm pretty much a rookie when it comes to plumbing, I will be as detailed as I can about what I know.
House Age ~ 3 years
Plumbing Type - PEX
Location - Outside Faucet
We have 2 outside faucets, the one on the side of the house worked no problem first 2 years, during that time tested the rear and the water barely trickled out.
Now this spring, I'm trying to use the side faucet and the water just trickles out, yet the rear faucet is full blast now.
Things that I noticed or have tried
1) I visually verified the open/close position of the PEX manifold and flow of water at its most open point for both front/side faucet.
2) If I hold my thumb over the side faucet hose and build up pressure, after 30 seconds the water can come out forcefully for ~ 5 seconds. It slows so much as to not even come out of the hose end then.
3) I did notice when putting my thumb to create pressure that some water comes out of the top of the faucet above the handle area.
4) My outdoor facuet looks similar to this (except the top cap is chrome and more smooth edge. LINK FOR IMAGE
5) I tried turning both off/on & 1 on, 1 off on the manifold. No change in output.
What should I do next to determine the problem? And reminder, the back faucet now works fine yet did the same thing opposite last year.
Thanks for the help!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|No Heat: Pressure switch & Hoses forming traps||Yooperman906||HVAC||22||01-04-2011 11:52 AM|
|Boiler pressure troubles||jduffett||HVAC||2||12-12-2010 09:15 AM|
|Low Well Pressure, Submersible Well Pump, Help Please!||tpolk||Plumbing||7||11-13-2009 08:13 PM|
|Installing Sprinklers appear to have caused Water Pressure to DRASTICALLY increase||geminigirl||Plumbing||3||11-12-2009 02:04 PM|
|Filling a Cast Iron radiator system||insulatorpro||HVAC||7||10-07-2008 01:31 AM|