Potential Winner - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Potential Winner

It's neat that there is a contest thread at the top. It ties in with my question.

I have a half bath connected to my living room (APRX 6x8). I'm not a big fan of having to turn up American Idol in order to drown our the sounds of nature's call, so I'm wanting to expand it, add a shower and put the door on what is now the back wall, connecting it to a bedroom.

This would give me a master bath and with some better insulation, fix my "noise" problem.

I'm a pretty handy guy, but home improvements are still a bit new. Has anyone ever busted a slab in their house with any success?

I'm wondering how hard it will be to run my new shower drain (I'm assuming that I can just introduce it to the existing toilet drain).

My living room is pretty large, so the plan is to expand the bathroom to maybe 10'x10' or so and use the rest as a closet.

I'm at work, but if anyone is interested, I can try to post some visual aides when I get home tonight.

Other than that, all advice, commentary or even speculation is welcome...

Thanks

Advertisement

rikkijustmike is offline   Reply With Quote