DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Plumbing for new shower kit question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ghostmaker 
#1 ·
HEllo everyone

I am in the process of installing a new shower in my bathroom. I am replacing an old cast iron tube with a shower only. The shower is 42 X 34. I have two question I was wondering if I can get some help with.

1.) I am installing a Delta 132900 shower head and hardware. My question is about the fittings from the valve to the supply lines. I was told the fiting s should be copper from the vale at a minimum but can transition to cpvc . Please look at the picture and see this looks ok. Do I need to put teflo tape on the threads or can I just tighten.

Second question

I know I need to move the support for the shower head up but my question is how far do I set it back from the face of the studs?

My shower kit is a Sterling Ensemble 4 piece kit.

Thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
Use teflon tape, pipe dope, or both to seal the threads.
For the shower head- I set them back so it's flush with the stud face- or further.
I also set it above the fiberglass so it's high and don't have to drill the panel- allow room for the trim ring above the panel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.