Plumbing Multiple Shower Heads - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Plumbing Multiple Shower Heads

Hi all,
I am installing a new master bath in my house and I have a couple of shower questions that I can not find consistent answers to online.

I am planning on 3 heads...a normal shower head, an overhead "rain" head and a hand held wand mounted on a side wall.

I have a delta r10000 universal valve and a delta r11000 3/6 rough diverter.

I understand that the mixer feeds theee diverter, and that the diverter can then feed three heads. The diverter can be used with a 3 setting or a 6 setting selector trim, the cartridge comes with the trim. We would go with the 6 setting which will allow any head to be used individually or any 2 used together.

The pieces came with 1/2" inlets, is this adequate? should i try to find a company that has 3/4". We are not using body sprays.

Do I need a pressure balancing loop in this situation? If so, does anyone have a diagram of this?

I am not new to installing showers...but have never done multiple heads.

Has anyone worked with these Delta models before? any hints/tricks?

Thanks.

Advertisement

terpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,670

If you read the installation instruction them may have a drawing on how they recommend you plumb it.

Advertisement

Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Bill Kearney

Rewards Points: 1,126

Having had a similar kind of setup in our old house I'll recommend using 3/4". The old stuff was 1/2" and when I had an added hand-shower to the existing wall shower there wasn't a decent enough flow. When I remodeled the space I went with 3/4" for both the hot and cold (the main supply was, thankfully, close enough to make this possible). This supported being able to run two rain heads and a handshower... all at the same time with the same pressure as just one running. We went with Hansgrohe for this as they were one of the few vendors that offered a 3/4" system with the necessary number of outputs.

Start by finding out how much water pressure you've got. And how close a 3/4" source is for the hot & cold water. Otherwise you may be disappointed with how the rain head works...
wkearney99 is offline   Reply With Quote