DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Plumbing Bath Faucets (

msadams1 09-02-2012 09:10 AM

Plumbing Bath Faucets
I am remodeling a bathroom and installing a new faucet in the jetted tub. The hardware set and instructions lead you to a flexible hookup (threaded SS hoses to connect the parts). The current setup is plumbed with copper- no flexible connections. It would be easier to use the flexible hose connections but the area will not be easily accessible after the wood panel is installed in front of the tub. Question is does code and/or good plumbing practice allow for use of flexible hose connections in areas that are not easily accesssed?

idlplumb 09-02-2012 11:51 AM

Honestly, you should have a removable panel there anyway. You want access in case something goes wrong and you need to repair/replace that faucet. Use the flex connectors but put that panel on with hinges or in some way that makes it removable.

joecaption 09-02-2012 11:56 AM

I made my panel from the floor to just above the shower valve.
That way I can get under the tub to work on the drain or have access to the back side of the valve.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1