DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Plumbing (

Capthu 08-27-2012 05:46 PM

I changed the ballcock on my toilet and I was tightening the plastic coupling nut and it broke off. Is there a way to remove the nut from the water supply line so I can replace it.

danpik 08-27-2012 06:30 PM

If you are asking about the nut that attaches to the shut-off valve, then no if it has a brass furrel on it. New supply lines are only a couple bucks.

DannyT 08-28-2012 08:26 AM

years ago some of the plastic nuts would just barely squeeze over the 3/8 compression nuts. worst that will happen is you will have to buy a new supply line.

Javiles 08-28-2012 10:12 AM

New supply line about 5 bucks @ H/D why chance a flood.

ajmckay 08-28-2012 11:55 AM

+1 buy a new supply line. I found one the other day that has a built-in torque limiter to prevent this sort of thing.

Good luck!

Capthu 08-28-2012 02:47 PM

I actually went to lowes and was told to buy a new supply line which cost about $5.00. Thanks all for your input.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1