DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Plumb Washer & Laundry Sink Into Existing Stack

5K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  hammerlane 
#1 ·
Want to install a laundry sink and washer as shown in the photo. Can I just remove the existing 4"-T from the stack, replace it with a "Double Sanitary T", use one tap of the San T as a clean-out and the other tap as the run for the sink using a wye then onto the washer?

Also will I not need a vent for the sink/washer since it will be close to the stack?

Check out photos and let me know your comments of a better way

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I pulled my code book so I could give you an exact answer. The maximum length for the trap arm (drain from washer to stack) is 2.4m (7' 5"-ish) assuming you're using 2" pipe as the drain.
At least up here it is, your local codes may vary so you might want to ask the local authorities to be certain.

#9 ·
You will be fine either way---t or y---however,I like VIPs suggestion--having the clean out T facing out will make servicing the line easier---and will be in the correct place if the wall is ever studded out for a finished room.

#13 ·
Do you think I need the re-vent since the sink stub out will be only about 24" from stack?

If I can eliminate the re-vent, I could take fitting #2 and rotate it so the branch of the T-Wye is the stub-out for the sink and then the run of the T-Wye would go and pick up the P-trap for the washer standpipe.

How does this sound?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.