DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Pliers for garden hose fittings (

Michael Thomas 01-11-2011 04:56 PM

Pliers for garden hose fittings
Saw this used the other day, want to buy them, but can't seem to GOOGLE them up:

A pair of pliers with offset jaws shaped to fit a female garden hose fitting.

Anyone know what these are called, or have a link?

VIPlumber 01-11-2011 05:16 PM

The ones that I use are called slip joint water pump pliers, brand name Channellock.

Bondo 01-11-2011 06:36 PM

Ayuh,.. I use off-set channel-lock pliers...

Michael Thomas 01-11-2011 07:08 PM

Thanks, but it was not a conventional slip-joint, the jaws were at right angles to the handles, so that you could turn the fitting when you did not have access from the side.

adpanko 01-11-2011 08:15 PM

V Jaw Channellocks
Normal Channellock pliers work fine for hose fittings, as the previous poster said. But Channellock also makes a V-Jaw plier that would work a little better:

Michael Thomas 01-12-2011 06:43 AM

I'll call the service company today, and see if they can identify the manufacturer.

Michael Thomas 01-12-2011 11:17 AM

Pliers for garden hose (clothes washer hose) fittings
Found them!

- Washer Fill Hose Pliers

VIPlumber 01-12-2011 02:08 PM

Alright! Another tool to add to my bags.

Michael Thomas 01-20-2011 06:49 AM

Got them, for future reference:

QB Products "Sure Grip Inlet Hosepiler", Part # THP-1, QB Products 1260 Karl Court, Wauconda, IL 60084.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1