Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

Plastic caps /wheel heads on radiator

What I'm looking for is somewhere that stocks replacement wheel heads for the radiator.

OK, so I've had these radiators so long, that the plastic caps (wheel heads I heard someone say) that allow you to turn the radiator on and off, have broken, and now it's a case of using a spanner everytime we want to turn the valve.

The Valve sits on a 1/4" bore pipe that was very fashionable around 1980.

I have no idea of the radiator manufacturer, but can probably get a digital photo of one of the remnants that perches on top of the valve. Any ideas anyone?

PianoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #2
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 91
Rewards Points: 75

Plastic caps /wheel heads on radiator

Those round black plastic handles used to be very common in hardware stores. They would come with a metal insert that was adjustable for the different size valve stems. Have you checked HD or Lowes? If not contact local supply house and I'm sure they can be located without to much trouble.

plumguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.