DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Plastic Bushings??? (

dcgray2 07-03-2006 10:50 AM

Plastic Bushings???
I am installing new 1/2" and 3/4" copper pipe in an addition.

I keep hearing about and even saw a picture (in B&D Home Plumbing) of plastic bushings that get inserted in through holes in studs and floor plates.

These bushings are supposed to help keep the pipes from rattling and binding.

Anyone know where I can find them? I called all the bigger plumbing supply places in my area and no dice. I tried to do searches on the net and no dice.

A website URL, phone number, etc would be very helpful. Are they called bushings? I saw something called pipe insulators. Are those the same / right thing?

Ron The Plumber 07-03-2006 05:48 PM

There called pipe insulators, there for 1-3/8 holes, they make them for 1" 3/4" 1/2" pipe sizes.

You may have to get them and a plumbing supply house.

Big Box stores may not sell these.

Ron The Plumber 07-03-2006 08:29 PM

Here is a link to them.

joed 07-04-2006 07:12 PM

Link is not working for me.

Ron The Plumber 07-04-2006 07:20 PM

I changed the link, click your way to it.

Products > Speciality Products > Clamps

Top picture is what it looks like.

joed 07-05-2006 05:09 PM

Tha link stil not working. Try this one.

dcgray2 07-05-2006 05:27 PM

Thanks for the replies!
Thanks for the replies. I am assuming that "you" (you know who you are) would reccomend these? Or is there a "better" way? Thanks again!

Ron The Plumber 07-05-2006 05:42 PM

Recommened and used all the time by plumbers.

dcgray2 07-06-2006 12:20 PM

I am REALLY frustrated...
I called the local places and asked for the correct thing. No one has them in stock. I finally called LSP directly to ask about distributors in my area. Turns out one of the places I called that said they didn't have them and couldn't get them IS an LSP distributor! I called them back and they won't order them without me buying a qty 100 of both 1/2" and 3/4" and pay for shipping... So unless I'm willing to spend $85.00, no pipe insulators for me... Any other suggestions? What about "stuffing" pipe insulation (rubber not the foam stuff) around the pipe in an opening?

Ron The Plumber 07-06-2006 07:24 PM

Code does not require insulators, code only states support is required, you could just use plastic strapping, to secure the pipe, or even plastic coated wire hangers where the pipe passes through the holes.

PSZach 07-10-2006 04:03 PM

Consider Oatey 33950 Insulating Pipe Clamp 1/2".

Oatey 33951 Insulating Pipe Clamp 3/4"

Know that for drilling, the actual hole size is much larger to accommodate the insulating features.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1