DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Pitless Adapter Submersible Pump (

Wild Blue 06-10-2008 07:22 PM

Pitless Adapter Submersible Pump
Pitless Adapter Submersible Pump
Can anyone answer-when installing a pitless adapter on a well, is the adapter capped just above the adapter or is the pipe ran to the top of the well cap, and the well cap used as a cover?

swade 06-10-2008 10:11 PM

Not a plumber, just googled pitless adapter and found this.

scroll towards the bottom

time29 05-30-2009 10:05 AM

And if you would be looking for a better brand of pump you can try out using the Geyser brand. I've used it for years and it definitely works wonders for me.

hayewe farm 05-30-2009 05:22 PM

To answer your question the pitless adapter is installed in the side of the well casing below the frost line, the same depth you run your water line. Be sure to attach a "T" made of pipe to the adapter so you don't drop it down the well.

anthoy 08-30-2009 11:35 AM

You can using the Geyser brand.

Gary Slusser 08-31-2009 01:02 PM

The 1" hole in the top of the pitless is used to screw that Tee handle pipe into to enable you to pull the drop pipe, cable and pump out of the well.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1