Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #1

Share |

Pipes Installed on NORTH facing wall

Hi I'm new here and need some advice with another winter fast approaching here in New England (CT). The upstairs bathroom sink doesn't run COLD water when it gets too cold outside because the pipes were installed on North facing wall. The hot runs fine. The bathtub has no problems with cold water just the sink mainly (although the toilet next to the sink also sometimes has problems but not as much as the sink). The contractor's "fix" was to install a heater in the corner of the garage below to keep the pipe from freezing. This is a short-term fix in my mind but I have some questions about the proper fix which will come out of my own pocket. Is there an easy way to move the pipe without too much wall repair? The other side of the sink wall is a finished room. The bathroom is on back side of house in-between two finished rooms. Is there another solution? Thanks for your help!

getitdoneright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #2

Pipes Installed on NORTH facing wall

Can you draw us a diagram or take some pictures? But, it sounds like the pipes/wall are not properly insulated.

Seattle2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen pipes