Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

pipe sleeve installed correctly?

So ever since I moved into my new house..my neighbors and i have had nothing but trouble with storm water.
My basement floods...and my neighbors driveway, paved, started to cave in.
I thought it had something to do with the terracota pipe that carried the storm water. I called the company that redid the sewer line and he admitted he hit some pipe and that he sleeved it. Then tried selling me a sump pump for my water trouble.
Rotor rooter shows up and cams the pipe. We notice that he sleeved an 8" clay pipe with a 4" PVC pipe. There was no firnco fitting or sealing. The camera could not get over the lip. Today, I dug it up to see for myself. Whatdya know..its def a 4" pipe sleeved into an 8" pipe. This cannot be code. Water runs down the clay pipe and some goes into the PVC..but 1/2 goes around. Do I have a case against this contractor? He should have used a 8 " PVC with a firnco or put the clay pipe into a 10" then reduce it to a 6" to go into the next clay piece?
Thoughts?
Here's a YouTube link of some video...I just got done discovering it and it rained a lil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhRg...e_gdata_player

dja3137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

The video is looking at the "sleeve". Up from that PVC is the clay pipe..which is upstream carrying water down.

dja3137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,220

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja3137 View Post
So ever since I moved into my new house..my neighbors and i have had nothing but trouble with storm water.
My basement floods...and my neighbors driveway, paved, started to cave in.
I thought it had something to do with the terracota pipe that carried the storm water. I called the company that redid the sewer line and he admitted he hit some pipe and that he sleeved it. Then tried selling me a sump pump for my water trouble.
Rotor rooter shows up and cams the pipe. We notice that he sleeved an 8" clay pipe with a 4" PVC pipe. There was no firnco fitting or sealing. The camera could not get over the lip. Today, I dug it up to see for myself. Whatdya know..its def a 4" pipe sleeved into an 8" pipe. This cannot be code. Water runs down the clay pipe and some goes into the PVC..but 1/2 goes around. Do I have a case against this contractor? He should have used a 8 " PVC with a firnco or put the clay pipe into a 10" then reduce it to a 6" to go into the next clay piece?
Thoughts?
Here's a YouTube link of some video...I just got done discovering it and it rained a lil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhRg...e_gdata_player
keep the video call back the company that did the repair......he will get the point..
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote