Pipe Floor Support - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 142
Rewards Points: 135

Pipe Floor Support

I'm putting a valve and union in the gas drop to feed my water heater. I need the union there because the pipe is in the way of pulling the water heater out. It will be located above the top of the water heater so it will clear when removed. I also need to align the outlet of the tee down below that feeds the gas valve. It would be free hanging. Pipes also feed furnace, so some vibration is present. I figure that a pipe flange could be bolted to the floor and a nipple attached with a coupling to the bottom of the drip leg (cap removed), but the coupling would have to be blocked inside, sort of like two caps end to end. Does such a fitting exist? Is it easily accessible? Other ideas to accomplish the same thing, supporting this vertical drop of pipe?


smata67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Solder Copper Pipes Termite How To Guides 69 11-13-2012 12:20 PM
How to stop sump pump discharge pipe freezing??? relbeig Plumbing 8 11-12-2012 12:03 PM
Septic/sewer pipe replacement Mendocino Plumbing 4 11-21-2008 05:40 PM
Furnace Venting Requirments jamiedolan HVAC 9 11-18-2008 05:40 PM
Need to support 15th of ABS pipe irishtimes101 Plumbing 3 09-01-2006 11:09 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1