Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #1

Share |

Outdoor Warm Water hose

I would like to have "warm" water in the the garden for use with a pressure washer. Asked a few plumbers but looks like this is not the norm here...!

Problems: Which water mixer tap to use....

A. it has to have the water input from the wall not from below (i.e one similar to the bath shower shown in this pic)
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...10&tx=58&ty=45

B. it has to withtand the freezing temp of scotland winter (not sure what is best here - brass may be?).

C. the nozzle should be compatable with garden hose

Appreciate your ideas...

thank you

A

glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #2

Outdoor Warm Water hose

Install two ordinary garden hose spigots, one fed with a hot water line, the other with a cold water line. Inside the house a foot or two before the pipe extends to the outside, put a shut off valve that you turn off in winter and open the outside spigot to let the remaining water drain out. (You can also install freeze-proof spigots instead of an ordinary spigot plus in line shutoff.

Get a hose with two female ends and Y connection to one male end to connect to the two spigots when you want to use warm or hot water.

Remove the hose(s) and drain them out immediately after use in winter.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #3

Outdoor Warm Water hose

http://www.faucetdepot.com/prod/HC40...ucet-15443.asp Moen Frost Free outside hose bibb. They're awesome, just make sure the hose is removed in freezing weather. It'll also mix the water, so you don't have to have blazing hot or cold
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the_man For This Useful Post:
braindead (09-16-2010)
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #4

Outdoor Warm Water hose

Allan,
Thank you for your email….. I need a mixer not just a hot and cold…. The reason is I want to connect a warm water to a Karcher pressure washer. If temp is above 40C, it may damage the internal pump.

The man,
Liked the idea… A) it is an American website, any uk dealer… B) it says “Adjustable temperature limit stop to control maximum water” how does this work? Can I adjust the water temp to come out at max 40C? C) does it fit to a standared garden hose? D) how could you fix it to the House wall?

Thank you

Last edited by glasgow; 09-15-2010 at 09:13 AM.
glasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #5

Outdoor Warm Water hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow View Post
Allan,
Thank you for your email….. I need a mixer not just a hot and cold…. The reason is I want to connect a warm water to a Karcher pressure washer. If temp is above 40C, it may damage the internal pump.

The man,
Liked the idea… A) it is an American website, any uk dealer… B) it says “Adjustable temperature limit stop to control maximum water” how does this work? Can I adjust the water temp to come out at max 40C? C) does it fit to a standared garden hose? D) how could you fix it to the House wall?

Thank you
Moen is an international company, I'd call some local plumbing supply places and ask for the model number on that faucet. I found that site thru a quick google search, not endorsing it in any way. The model number should be the same worldwide, if not call Moen (I'm sure their site has a UK number) and ask them where to get it
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote