Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #1

Share |

Old house, old plumbing...Questionsss

Hey all, I am moving bathroom a room further and I hope to do all water lines and stuf myself. I need to move the sanitary. and the problem is the sanitary is where everything runs too.. Kitchen sink,bathroom sink,basement shower,dishwasher and washing machine. and we have been starting to smell some bad smells coming back up the pipe in the sink and s tuff every once and while. If I have to hire a plumber which I think I do to do sanitary. Im inconstruction the point of doing underground outside the house, but im sure I can't carry that inside to do this. What could I do to seperate the water if I can and if not what can I do to solve this problem with the smell?? Also from the toilet to the sanitary is looks like cast iron or steel. for the new one can I run plastic and hook it up to the cast iron??

Thanks
Shawn

Shawnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
HVAC / Plumbing

Old house, old plumbing...Questionsss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnzy View Post
Hey all, I am moving bathroom a room further and I hope to do all water lines and stuf myself. I need to move the sanitary. and the problem is the sanitary is where everything runs too.. Kitchen sink,bathroom sink,basement shower,dishwasher and washing machine. and we have been starting to smell some bad smells coming back up the pipe in the sink and s tuff every once and while. If I have to hire a plumber which I think I do to do sanitary. Im inconstruction the point of doing underground outside the house, but im sure I can't carry that inside to do this. What could I do to seperate the water if I can and if not what can I do to solve this problem with the smell?? Also from the toilet to the sanitary is looks like cast iron or steel. for the new one can I run plastic and hook it up to the cast iron??

Thanks
Shawn

The smell could be from crud build up in the sink piping. Will have to take apart to know for sure. I'm not sure I understand seperate water lines. You can tie PVC into ductile /cast iron

kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote