DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   old cast iron (

thehvacguy 10-20-2012 02:03 PM

old cast iron
I'm replacing a drain line for a kitchen sink. What I have to attach to is an old cast iron comby. It has a hub fitting and I know back in the day they used lead to seal the joints, but what's the way to do it today? I can't remove the comby because there is like three more stacked on top of it.

TheEplumber 10-20-2012 02:27 PM

You can get these at wholesale houses- maybe a box store. Lube the pipe and gasket to help persuade it. They can be a bear sometimes.

thehvacguy 10-20-2012 02:54 PM

Sweet! Thanks bro

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1