DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

oh these faucet instructions!

14K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jmon 
#1 ·
I have searched to find the answer to this question but cannot find it -- I have a new kitch faucet there is a shorter and longer water inlet copper pipe leading into the faucet housing --- nowhere does it say which is hot water -- I'm guessing the longer but why attach and then re-do if I'm wrong?

someone of you folks surely knows this easy answer....

instructions arghh !!! :furious:

#6 ·
I had a single valve once that I installed with that assumption, but there must have been something funky in the guts, because they were actually backwards.

No-name faucet however, so who knows what they were thinking.

Probably something along the lines of : $$$$$$$$

#7 ·
yes I was wondering that because after the pipes go into the barrel the could have twisted around- someone told me generally if you look at the faucet as it will be sitting then the left pipe would be hot in this case the pipes were front to back from each other when looking at the front of the faucet ... so maybe nothing is standard but it makes sense to put a sticker on there! this was a Hampton Bay from you know where

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.