DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   oatey thread sealant ASAP (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/oatey-thread-sealant-asap-13578/)

smallcrpt 11-19-2007 06:34 PM

oatey thread sealant ASAP
 
my dog at a tube of this stuff. now he's not showing any signs of injury, but we'll see. it says it contains no hazardous materials, but who knows if that pertains to dogs.
anywho... how do you clean this stuff off? its on his paws and face, but obv water does nothing...
mineral spirits? paint thinner? any ideas would be sweet....
thasnk
-chris

Sammy 11-19-2007 06:39 PM

Take the tube with you and go to the Vets now!

I dunno but be safe!

Marlin 11-19-2007 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammy (Post 74990)
Take the tube with you and go to the Vets now!

I dunno but be safe!

If you like your dog that's where I'd be headed. I'd imagine if that's what it says he will probably just have the runs for a couple days but better be safe then sorry. As far as cleaning I'd just wash the heck out of him with dog shampoo.

Sammy 11-19-2007 07:27 PM

I like BOTH of my dogs...

GO TO THE VET or at least call him or the local Poison Control Center and see of they can give you some guidance on the ingestion or cleaning part.

johnny331 11-19-2007 09:05 PM

Here's the MSDS, there's a few "pipe sealants" on there...

http://www.oatey.com/msds_usenglish.html

They all pretty much say harmful if swallowed, do not induce vomitting...

smallcrpt 11-19-2007 11:01 PM

thanks for the responses.
 
well maybe he didn't injust a lot of it. he's fine so far. we called the vet and poison control. they wanted to charge us 55 bucks for information. so we eventually got the product name down and called oatey. they forwarded us to another poison control site and we said it was our daughter, cuase i guess when its a dog they just don't care.
on the label the part i found that i oculd still read, it said keep out of reach of children. but it saiid there was nothing hazardous in it.
so no one said yikes go to the hospital, but he seems very normal right now
thanks everyone
-chris

NateHanson 11-20-2007 01:06 AM

Well, at least you saved 50 bucks. :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.