Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

View Poll Results: What do you think of prefabricated steam shower units.
I own one and love it 0 0%
I own one and hate it 0 0%
I plan to install one soon 0 0%
no opinion 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. This poll is closed

Old 10-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #1

Share |

Oasis steam showers

I am wanting to install a steam shower unit in my masterbath for my wife. I believe from what I can read I would like to go with an Oasis brand unit. Does anyone have any experience with these prefabricated showers and do you know a reputable dealer.
Most of these are sold over the internet and it seems that the business is plagued with a number of unsavory dealers.
All help would be greatly appreciated.

slowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #2

Oasis steam showers

i have no experience with steam showers, so i can't answer your questions. But I will offer an alternative option.
They make steam shower conversion kits to retrofit your existing shower stall. It's basically just a little box that generates steam. All you need is standard 120V and water line.

Last edited by acerunner; 10-28-2010 at 07:52 PM.
acerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #3

Oasis steam showers

How I wish you had gotten more response. This is what I'm dealing with now. The description of the Oasis on the internet sounds so good but so far I can't find any reviews by people who have used one.

We are doing some bathroom remodeling and the plumber (my husband thinks he's a "nice guy" so he must be good right?)
doesn't know about the Oasis so talks us into the idea of putting in a new acrylic shower, a steam generator in a cabinet and buying the parts separately. The shower enclosure has built in seats but he says he can get it without.

This evening he calls back and says he can't find an enclosure without the built in seats which I do NOT want. So next suggestion is that he custom builds a shower with tile and goes ahead with the rest. Price just jumped up several thousand.

We canceled the whole shower idea and will put new doors on the existing fiberglass stall. No time now to order the Oasis and find a qualified installer. With arthritis and fibro and muscle problems, I'm really disappointed. The steam shower sounded wonderful.

If you happen to check back here and found any more info about the Oasis or installed it, would you let me know? I would still be able to have the old shower ripped out and the Oasis put in even though it would have been easier to have it done with the current remodel.
marliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #4

Oasis steam showers

Here is a pic of my steam shower and it's awesome. The unit was very easy to install and it comes with a 6000 W generator that you DONT have to sit in a separate closet. I love the stereo system and digital controls. My wife loves the steam and the rainfall shower head.
Attached Images

DIY-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:37 PM   #5

Oasis steam showers

That is similar to what I wanted. What brand did you use? This plumber warned my husband that we could put in a modular unit and then if something went wrong with the generator it might be impossible to get a part. I think he wanted us to put in something he could install and make money on, but have no way of knowing how much of a chance we would be taking on the modular unit. Did you buy yours locally or from an online dealer? Beautiful unit!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #6

Oasis steam showers

Hello,
I'm currently in the situation your previously described. I was wondering where you are at with your Oasis dealer search. I would like to find a reputable dealer.
Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #7

Oasis steam showers

Hilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #8

Oasis steam showers

Hilo, I haven't learned anymore. Once in awhile someone posts and I'm set to get email notices. Hopefully someone who has used the system will finally show up.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #9

Oasis steam showers

http://www.saferwholesale.com/Produc...R++Platinum+DZ

Is the seller and manufacture it was featured on the DIY network
Attached Images

RetiredRGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #10

Oasis steam showers

Thank you for the link. It is a nice unit but too large for our bathroom and we need one that can be installed (and hopefully guaranteed by a local dealer.) This link might help others who are looking though. Also I seem to remember reading one review that claimed the Oasis was the best (but that was awhile ago). Thanks again!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #11

Oasis steam showers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredRGM View Post
http://www.saferwholesale.com/Produc...R++Platinum+DZ

Is the seller and manufacture it was featured on the DIY network
That is not the manufacture. There are many salesmen that claim they are the manufacturer. Those are made by a company named eago and are "branded" under many names. We personally only carry the Oasis Platinum name because of the customer service that is offered. Whenever you are dealing with imported products it really falls on the importer as far as warranty and support go. That is why we only carry Oasis steam showers they are by far the best and being in the business for over 5 years we have gone through several distributors, they are the only one who consistently have the products in stock and more important they stand behind their warranty and have parts in stock. Which many distributors do not. The Oasis Platinum OS-961F8 is pictured there. I purchased a Oasis Platinum 8 months ago from our company that was a return and have had it installed for about 7 1/2 months. My wife uses the steam on a daily basis because she has bad allergies, it really seems to help her sinuses.

Last edited by bathroomgetaway; 06-01-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: REMOVED LINK
bathroomgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:36 AM   #12
DIY staff

Oasis steam showers

Bathroom Get away----Stop posting links to your site---advertising in a post is prohibited.

Final notice----Moderator--oh'mike--