Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #1

Share |

not water in hot tap upstairs

Hi desperately need some advice and help here. My upstairs hot tap has no water coming from it at all. The water pressure in this tap is usually poor generally.
There is water in the bath hot tap and cold is ok in both also the downstairs taps are ok/

As there is water is the bath hot tap does that mean there is water in the tank in the attic ?? The weather is not cold enough for it to have frozen although I did have this problem last Christmas and it was a frozen pipe at that stage that destroyed my bedrooms when the thaw came.

I don't think its crud in the tap as its a mixer tap and the cold water is running fine from it . Any ideas ??

katiebelle1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #2

not water in hot tap upstairs

Shutoff valves fully open, cycle to make sure. It is possible for debris to dislodge from somewhere in the pipe and stick in a stricture, which is what a faucet valve is. Disassembly may be needed.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote