Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Northern Camp - On Demand water conversion help??

Hi all - I have a small camp in Northern Maine. Currently all plumbing is below the camp in a dirt floor/uninsulated crawl space. Current plumbing is 3/4 pvc?? feeding a hot water tank, 2 sinks, a toilet and a shower. Heat is LP Rinnai and wood stove. all appliances are within 10' of each other.

My plan is to bring my pump up into the main building, re-run all feed lines and keep all drain lines as connected below and insulate the floor. There is a utility room directly in the middle of all appliances that will easily allow for new pex or pvc lines. I wish to replace the water tank with an on demand water heater.

Since this is a part time use camp with questionable insulation, I drain all pipes whenever I leave. I'm hoping you guys can assist me in determining the most adequate water heater for my needs. Since I already have lp, should I go that route? What about electric? (effeciency is not a major concern)? What about a unit that can be drained easily? Just don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks in advance for the help.

zachalyse is offline   Reply With Quote