Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

No water coming from the well

A couple days ago I started a load of laundry, without my husband knowing, and he turned on the hose, causing us to lose water pressure out of our well. This has happend before, but we've caught it in time and quickly turned one of the two off, saving our water pressure. Since this has happend we have been without water. We have replaced the water/bladder tank, and now the pump hoping that one of these two would solve the problem and return our water, but we still have no water. We have primed the new pump repeatedly, but we aren't getting any pressure and no water is coming up out of the well. When he removed one of the well lines from the old pump there was a lot of brown water that came out (not sure if this is normal). Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be? I'm fearing that our well has gone dry.

HasNoClue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,506

The water in the well could be low. Take the cover off and look down with a flash light or drop a string down with a piece of wood or something that floats so can find the water level.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I'm not a plumbing expert but most of the time the problem is something small not the bladder, pump, or well. I suspect that you are not priming the pump correctly. Try pouring water into the pump and when it starts to overflow putting the palm of your hand over the opening. Sometimes the sound of the pump changes when water starts to come through the pump and when you lift your hand up water will go everywhere. Then you have to reconnect your badder tank. If it does work the first time try it again and again..you're going to get wet
daveshark is offline   Reply With Quote