No Hot Water In The Shower - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Exclamation

No hot water in the shower

My Guest shower will not get hot or even lukewarm but the master shower and all the faucets in the house do. It wasn't always like that, the shower head shot off one day and ever since the plumber came to fix it there has been no hot water in that shower.

I keep reading that this could be caused by mineral build up (I have hard water) but I have no idea on how I could determine if that's what it is or if the plumber messed something up.

Please help I'd rather not call a plumber if it is something I can fix myself...

Advertisement

kats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Retired Army Veteran

Rewards Points: 1,396

I don't know if the plumber messed anything up or not. It doesn't appear so with the information you have provided. What did he do? Just put the shower head that shot off back on or did he adjust the shower valve as well? If he took the shower valve apart, then call him back. How did the shower head shoot off? Rusted off? I'm just guessing here.

It could be as simple as taking shower valve apart and cleaning/adjusting it or u could have a bad shower mixing valve that needs replacement.

Do u know what type and kind of shower fixture it is? delta, moen, single handle mixing type ect. They are all a little different, a picture of shower valve and shower head would help.

Stay tuned, let's see what the pro's say.

Advertisement

Last edited by jmon; 03-31-2013 at 12:06 AM.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #3
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmon View Post
I don't know if the plumber messed anything up or not. It doesn't appear so with the information you have provided.

It could be as simple as taking shower valve apart and cleaning/adjusting it or u could have a bad shower mixing valve that needs replacement.

Do u know what type and kind of shower fixture it is? delta, moen, single handle mixing type ect. They are all a little different, a picture of shower valve and shower head would help.

Stay tuned, let's see what the pro's say.
Yep----I doubt if the plumber did any thing to cause this----let us know what you have----might be time to all back the plumber.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Yes, I believe he had adjusted the valve as well
It's a moen, I have read that it could be that the valve needs to be cleaned but the way it is I don't know know how to take it apart
kats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #5
Retired Army Veteran

Rewards Points: 1,396

Did the plumber just adjust it or did he replace the cartdrige/valve? If it's a new valve, they set the scald guard low. If so, he probably just didn't adjust it quite right for u. Whatever it is that he did, I would call him back and tell him u have no hot water in the shower now. In the interest of good customer service and satisfaction, I'm sure he will make it right. I would try that first before u take it apart. They can be kind of a pain to take apart and put together.

You could also visit moen's website for help and assistance they are a very reputable company. Excellent customer service. link here

Please post a pic of it so we can c what kind of moen shower valve it is and will go from there.

Last edited by jmon; 04-02-2013 at 01:06 PM.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold water , hard water , help plumbing , no hot water