Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #1

Share |

no hot water kitchen faucet

Just moved into a new house a few weeks back, i told my husband that the kitchen sink had only warm or cold water not hot! He adjusted the water temp and it worked, i had hot water! Well 2 days later i have neither warm or hot water coming from that kitchen sink, only ice cold! He checked a few things but nothings worked! Could it be the faucet or is it the plumbing?? Thanks

Vicky Sinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
HVAC / Plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky Sinz View Post
! Could it be the faucet or is it the plumbing?? Thanks

Yes , It could be. Do you have hot water at the other fixtures ? Take the connector off the hot valve under the sink (where it connects to the fixture). Turn the valve on run some hot water in a bucket. If the water is hot . problem is in the fixture

kenmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:58 AM   #3

And make sure all shutoff valves are full open. Older washer type shutoff valves often have problems with washer disintegration, and the pieces will clog up at any stricture, like a faucet valve.
Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #4

Ok thanks Guys, my husband will be checking what u both said later tonight! We have hot running water every where but at the Kitchen sink, the house is over 30 years old so was not sure what it could be & why! Love this website & that it actually HELPS!
Vicky Sinz is offline   Reply With Quote