Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #1

Share |

Newbie Installing Water Filter -- Small Leaks Driving Me Crazy!

Hi all!

New to the forum because I'm trying to tackle my first plumbing job on our house. I'm installing a Culligan water filter but can't seem to stop the connector joint from leaking.

I'm such a newbie that I don't even know the terminology, so bear with me:

I have a 1/2" tube going from my water supply to a brass T-joint that has a 1/2" opening and a 3/8" opening. From the 1/2" opening, a tube runs to my faucet. From the 3/8" opening, I have a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter-thing, where the tube connects and runs to the water filter.

When I turn my water back on, a very small leak comes from the 3/8" to 1/4" adapter and I can't seem to get it to stop. I used teflon tape and made sure the nut is on tight, but still can't figure it out. (See photo, the red lines indicate the leak.)

Any ideas? I'd love to figure it out myself without having to call a plumber, because I feel like I'm so close to being done!

Thank you in advanced!
Attached Thumbnails
Newbie Installing Water Filter -- Small Leaks Driving Me Crazy!-2013-07-09-06.50.08.jpg  
rlowe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
Water Treatment

Newbie Installing Water Filter -- Small Leaks Driving Me Crazy!

If the leak is between the nut over the 1/4 line and the brass fitting then it might be that the tube insert is not in along with the part that looks like the gripper in the photo.
Now the photo is from another site but the tube insert goes into the tube and then the gripper like item, now if it is brass it most likely is going to be a pain.
If it is plastic then it NEEDS to be facing in the right direction or it will not work... thin end goes away from the tee that you are using.
Attached Thumbnails
Newbie Installing Water Filter -- Small Leaks Driving Me Crazy!-gripper-set.jpg  
Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote