Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

New Water Heater.

I have got to replace my Water Heater, as Its leaking at the bottom, And thank goodness its in the Basement, Holding out as Long as I can, But Will get to it soon, The reason for the Post is I live in a 100+ Home with 2 stories and it takes for ever for Hot water to get up to the Upstairs shower, when I ran across the at the Hardware store,( Watts Premier 500800 Instant Hot Water Recirculating Pump with Timer), I did some research and it seems to work very well. I on the other hand will be installing it under my upstaires sink, I was just woundering if any of you have had to install one, It looks simple enough, The guy said it would pay for its self in a year, I have to wait almost 1 or 2 minutes for hot water in the shower and sink upstairs. Just looking for some input on this product.

Splinter2

splinter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #2
A "Handy Husband"

New Water Heater.

I installed one about 2 years ago. Different brand, same idea. Mine uses a push button start instead of a timer. It works very well and saves a lot of water. I push the button and brush my teeth, water is hot by the time I am done brushing.

re: that water heater. If it is leaking from the bottom, I would not wait to change it. I have seen the results of what happens when they let go. Even in a basement they can cause a lot of damage.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

New Water Heater.

Ya I better get on it while I have a Few days off. Thanks, I think I am also going to install the Recirculating Pump also.
splinter2 is offline   Reply With Quote