Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 500

new outside lines

My home is on a slab now the county is installing new sewer lines and I also want to hook up to city water and I need to run new underground upgrade for electric. he problem I have is all three need to run down the side of my house to the back where all connect into the utiity room and on that side of the house their is only 12 ft from the house to a very large mapel tree that sits just this side of my propert line.So my question is,is that enough room to run all three.I know the electric line has to go down at least 18in and the water at least 44in I am not sure what the depth requirement for the sewer line is yet.Another problem is their is a septic tank that sits right on the back corner where all three lines need to run.I just dont know if all can go in the same trench and the guy who will dig it for me is not so sure either he thinks two but not so sure about all three

clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,022

new outside lines

Call your local building inspections department. They will tell you what they will approve. What is ok in other places in the country may not be the same as in Hermitage.
Good luck.
B

bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

new outside lines

we dont have a local inspctor its all done by third party and you have to make an appointment also it normally takes them 3-5 days to call you back on any questions.I understand differen area have diff. rules but I just looking for like a general rule of weather it would work out or not?
clasact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,022

new outside lines

My area is the same as yours: a private firm does the inspections. My electrical inspector guy was very helpful and informed me as to what he expected to see upon inspection. We are paying for this service so we are the customer. Try to find out the name of the company doing the inspections, give them a call and explain your situation. Get out of the local town hall's bureaucracy and go to the source. At worst, waiting three days is better than having to dig it all up again to get it right.
B
bob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
Doing it myself

Rewards Points: 2,024
Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

new outside lines

As stated above, check with whomever you can, because it will vary greatly. Here, (I think) it is 6" below frost level, so we usually go around 18" deep.