New Kitchen Faucet With Pressure Bump - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 38

New Kitchen Faucet with Pressure Bump

I installed a new Delta kitchen faucet and after about 3 weeks it developed water hammer. After reading on some chat rooms, come to find out, several people had installed a Delta kitchen faucet and had the same experience. I removed the Delta faucet and returned it to Home Depot and bought another less expensive fixture and so far no water hammer, but we do have what I would describe as a bump sound when we turn on the water for either hot or cold.

It's one single bump then it is fine.
Is this a water line pressure situation?
Or, maybe an isolation valve washer?

Thank you for any advice you may have here.

Advertisement

John1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,432

There are a variety of geometric characteristics of the water path inside a faucet assembly that could cause an effect comparable to water hammer. I can't describe or enumerate them here. Another possible problem is some loose component inside that suddenly opens or closes the water path when the faucet handle is moved. This would either be a defect in that faucet or a design defect.

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJ View Post
There are a variety of geometric characteristics of the water path inside a faucet assembly that could cause an effect comparable to water hammer. I can't describe or enumerate them here. Another possible problem is some loose component inside that suddenly opens or closes the water path when the faucet handle is moved. This would either be a defect in that faucet or a design defect.
Thank you, Allen. The fixture we bought is a Glacier Bay. I don't know if this has inherent problems or is another issue with air in the lines, etc. Do you have any experience with this faucet?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #4

Hello All:

We figured out the problem, at least so far.
It appears that the Pur water filter that was attached to the faucet was defective. So, we bought a new Pur filter. It was accidental that we discovered this. But, when the Pur went defective and we had to buy another one, the water bump disappeared. We'll see if this is permanent, but so far so good.

For all those who are interested, the Pur FM4000B is not a good design. Lots of problems. The less expensive $14.72 model (FM2000B) is much better and gets far better customer reviews.

Thank you to anyone taking their time to read my post.