New Faucets - Rural Water Well Supply - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New Faucets - Rural Water Well Supply

Looking to repair (again) a leaking Moen kitchen faucet, now looking at replacing several. Wanting quality, and I'm finding quality comes at a good price nowadays. I'm interested in high-arc models, and am humming and hawing about pull down spray vs separate side spray.

For those that have installed or worked with fixtures in rural areas with relatively high mineral content water well supply, have you found that the pull out/down sprayers can cause problems with the main spout supply in a shorter period of time than say the side spray? Reason I ask is that the side sprays in my house sooner (than later) develop issues and need cleaning or parts replaced; this related to mineral content. They work afterward, but are usually the first thing to be replaced. Little issue with the main spout with nothing other than the simple screen/aerator. Now thinking if the sprayer was part of the main spout supply, they will have much more water running through them, and may have these problems much more often? With the side sprayer, at least it didn't affect the main supply through the spout. And at this point, I just don't know with the current technology that is in use.

Second question is whether a high-arc spout will have issues or cause a marked reduction in water pressure through a well supply system? Currently, my kitchen spout will supply a continuous 7.5LPM (1.65IGPM).

Appreciate any help with this. My initial repair of my spout is now conceivable a couple $K's of faucet replacement so time to educate myself a bit more on the current state of things.

Advertisement

terra3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 254

a nice water softner will cure your high mineral content water, even your moen's would last a long time

Advertisement

plumberinlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 320

A whole house water filter ahead of the softener helps to.

I'm changing my filter about every 5 months surprisingly.
High Gear is offline   Reply With Quote