DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

New bathroom plumbing

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  notbob 
#1 · (Edited)
I just added an addition with crawlspace.
I am putting in a bathroom and not sure about the plumbing/venting.
We are allowed wet vents.

I have attached a drawing of what I am looking to do.

The toilet drain is a 3" pipe that slopes all the way to the septic tank.
The distance from the toilet to the 2" roof vent in the opposing wall is approx 7'

The sink would have a 2" vent(slightly angled) that extends up above it and over to the stack.
The shower drain would connect to the sink with a t fitting and then take a 45 to tie in with the 3" toilet drain at the stack vent.

Would this work or do I need an additional vent by the toilet or shower that would go up the wall into the attic and tie into the stack there?

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks you for the reply!

We are in the process of laying out the bathroom.
After some discussion and measurements tonight, we decided to go with a different layout.
I attached a new pic.

The toilet will now be 2-3 ft from the lav drain.
The 2" stack that will exit the roof will be in the wall directly behind the toilet.
The shower will be approx 7' from the drain to where it could connect.

With those changes, how do I plumb this now?

Do I

1)tie the shower into the lav via a 45 and T and wet vent the lav (like in pic 2),

2) not wet vent the lav but still connect the shower with a 45 and T with the lav drain (like in pic 3)?

3) Other? Perhaps a wye for the lav, with a wye below it for the shower

For the connection between the lav and toilet, I was planning on a wye that the top will be the 2" roof vent, the right side will connect to the lav and then the bottom will be connected just above the toilet drain which will connect to the 3" main?

OR, do I need a seperate vent for the shower that goes up the wall behind it and connects in the attic to the stack but the drain still connects into the lav drain (like in pic 4)

I just want to get this right so I don't have gurgling, trap water loss issues, etc...

Thanks again!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.