Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #1

Share |

new basement plumbing

hello just bought a house with an unfinished basement. I want to finish it but needs plumbed. I know nothing about plumbing! trying to get some advise so I'm not taken to the cleaners and can hold somewhat of an intelligent conversation to the plumbing contractors about wants needs to be done.
My basement has roughed in plumbing and water lines ran, an area for an ejector pit and broken up concrete for the plumbing lines. I will need an ejector pit installed, the lines ran for the toilet, shower, bathroom vanity and for a wet bar. I called a local plumbing contractor and he would only come out for a $100.00 to take a look but said he thought it sounded like around $4500.00 for the project! YIKES

please help

karenfazeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
www.No-Curb.com

new basement plumbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenfazeng View Post
hello just bought a house with an unfinished basement. I want to finish it but needs plumbed. I know nothing about plumbing! trying to get some advise so I'm not taken to the cleaners and can hold somewhat of an intelligent conversation to the plumbing contractors about wants needs to be done.
My basement has roughed in plumbing and water lines ran, an area for an ejector pit and broken up concrete for the plumbing lines. I will need an ejector pit installed, the lines ran for the toilet, shower, bathroom vanity and for a wet bar. I called a local plumbing contractor and he would only come out for a $100.00 to take a look but said he thought it sounded like around $4500.00 for the project! YIKES

please help
$1100 per fixture is pretty common for new work here in Vancouver. Are there any plumbing lines run as yet?

Does his quote include all material, installation, flood and pressure line tests and installing the finished trim?

Make sure you specify that all work needs testing. Both the drainage lines and water lines.

Also make sure you have the shower flood tested or if your putting in a tub that the overflow system is checked.

I also like to specify that only 1/4 turn ball valves be used for shut offs - they are so much more reliable and only cost a few dollars more.

Good Luck.

JW