DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

new basement bath

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Ron The Plumber 
#1 ·
Hi All

I am new to this forum and need some help.
I have broken the concrete and located the drain. I need some help in understanding the venting that is required.

Thanks

dsmith

#3 ·
basment bathroom

It is a ranch style home with bathrooms at both ends of the house on the main level. I am adding a bath, shower and lavatory below one of the baths. I am located in St louis. The drain is cast iron and runs the full length of the house with stacks at both ends.
The new toilet is 2.5 feet from the main drain as is the new shower.
The new commode is close to the stack such that I could go up thru the wll into the attic and tie in the new vent. Can I tie in the vent from the shower just above the trap and run it in the ground to the new commode and then go up into the stack??

#4 ·
Did you get a permit to do this work? What your about to do will require one. With a permit will be inspections, these will ensure you it is done correctly.

The code I use here will not be the code you use there, installing a whole new bathroom is a complicated task, this is something even I can't possible talk you though here on line, unless someone else chimes in thats lives in your area and nows your codes, the best I can tell you is hit a HD somewhere and read up on installing plumbing, also read the codes, they specify how to plumb the waste and water.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.