Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #1

Share |

Nevada: Gas line code question

Hello

Today I had my gas for my pool heater hooked up. Prior to this I had a gas line Tee'd off of the heater and run underground about 15ft for a firepit next to spa.

When the plumber came today, he said that the line for the firepit is not up to code and that i should have it inspected. he said his main reason is that the line is not sleeved. The pipe the plumber used was of the coated variety but apparently it still needs to be sleeved.

He said that If it fails inspection then the original plumber would be respnsible for all repair work needed. This would involve having to have the pavers redone.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Or have any suggestions as to how i shoudl procede?

If it is not to code I would like to get it redone.

Thanks
bent240lv is offline   Reply With Quote