Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Federico

Share |
Exclamation

Neo Angle Shower Install

DIY'ers,
I am in the process of installing a neo angle shower in one bathroom in an upstairs cabin. One of those showers that Lowes or H-Depot sells. I have read the instructions but still confused. Was looking to see any of you have installed one and can share the info ; pictures of your project would be great.

So far I roughed in the drain hole, tiled the floor and put in the DensGuard Tile Backer board on the wall. I have 2 panels in question that come with the shower. They are really flimsy and skinny. How are these panels installed on the wall? How do the panels line up and sync with the base of the shower? Anyone have problems with the installation, after project leaks etc...

Appreciate the feedback.
fcmazz

fcmazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #2

Neo Angle Shower Install

i think i did a similar project?

my shower project, denshield backerboard, tiled walls

but i did not buy the walls that came with (optional). pretty straight forward project. the instructions on how to set the drain lock nut was wrong so that was frustrating.

one thing i wished i did differently was to install the tub faucet for the feet. just to relieve the water pressure in the line after you're done showering.

Knucklez

Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #3

Neo Angle Shower Install

oh.. what i found with my neo angle was that once i adjusted the feet so it was level on all sides, i stood on it. and i stood with my feet together at all different locations and found that if i stood at the corner it would actually tip the base over. so that tells me it is not designed perfectly balanced.. so i put a 1/2 bag of mortar in that corner for support. also put a large doughnut shaped pile of mortar on the floor circling the drain hole (with 4" clearance). then placed the based down on it and squished it good. put some weight on the base. then waited a couple of days for it to dry and then continued on with the install.

its not going anywhere now!

Knucklez
Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
Federico

Neo Angle Shower Install

Thank you Knucklez for your input. Your project looks good. Keep up the good work.
fcmazz is offline   Reply With Quote