DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Need to replace supply line (

Justins1171 04-07-2012 09:51 AM

Need to replace supply line
1 Attachment(s)
How would you go about replacing one of these types of supply lines. The line itself has a hole in the hose.

joecaption 04-07-2012 10:24 AM

Unscrew it and replace it. Any Lowes, Home Depot has them.
Make sure to measure the length of it first they come at least 3 differant length.
Make sure you buy the one for a sink, I believe it says basin on the lable.
You may need a basin wrench to get it off the sink.

Justins1171 04-07-2012 10:26 AM

It didn't look like it unscrewed, that's why I was asking...

Alan 04-07-2012 12:00 PM

It doesn't look like it unscrews to me either. Shut off the water to the house, remove the angle stop and replace it with the appropriate variety most likely 1/2" FIP or compression by 3/8 compression and get a matching supply to go with it.

I've seen some of those stops with built in supplies. Some are very old, and some are new varieties. I think to myself, why are they still making those darn things?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.