Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-19-2011, 12:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

need to replace arrow plumbing stem

the part number on my outside faucet 1010-1 does not match any arrow stem parts that Locke Supply sells. I need to replace the stem but don't know what arrow stem to purchase as a replacement. Locke personnel was not much help other than bring in the existing stem. The stem they did have in stock which had a "2010" number on it looked like mine so I wonder if that would fit my outside faucet. I told them mine had a 1010-1 number on it but they couldn't seem to tell me if the 2010 stem they had in stock would be the same as the existing stem I want to replace.

My external faucet won't shut off. I have changed the washers and it still won't shut off. It looks like it is leaking some out of the faucet handle, but I can't really tell for sure. It just won't shut off completely. I thought I would just replace the entire "guts" or stem. The faucet has been in service since 1996 and gets quite a bit of use with our pool in the backyard and putting water in it and hot tube throughout summer

Thanks for any suggestions or input on matching the stem I want to replace

kjeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Plumb or Die!

Rewards Points: 250

need to replace arrow plumbing stem

Pull the guts and head to town for a plumbing supplier. Having it for them to see will help oodles.

plumber666 is offline   Reply With Quote