DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Need to ID Gate Valve (Please Help)

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LateralConcepts 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone! This is my first post - I have been reading the forum for a while now.

The water shut-off gate valve coming in to my house is broken internally. I noticed it was broken when I tried to shut it off and it spun freely with no resistance.

I realize there are tons of Gate Valve manufactureres. I am hoping (Fingers Crossed) that someone recognizes this brand.

Internally the gate has snapped off of the worm gear that the gate rides on. FYI - I have the snapped off "gate" sitting here at my desk..it was obviously not reinstalled when I put screwed the handle back into the valve body.

I have attached an image and I am hoping that someone will be able to identify the manufacturer from experience etc. There is no "name" on the unit.

This valve being is not a major issue, as the city shut-off is about 20' away and it works fine. The valve the city has on the street is a nice and smooth operating ball valve. Everywhere checked (i.e. plumbing shops), everyone's input is to get a ball valve... which I would certainly do if I ever needed to have this valve professionally replaced.

For now, I would like to find a replacement gate/handle assembly but I cannot find a "matching" gate valve installed locally.

Background:
I live in Tucson and my house was built (in a subdivided neighborhood) in 1999. The builder was Kauffman & Broad (KB home). I have not contacted KB Home to ask who the original plumbing sub was..and not sure they'd tell me.

Thanks in advance for reading, experience, and input!

PS - If the pictures doesn't display below I have also hsted it on FlickR:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75837588@N00/5045881420/#/

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.